Thursday, December 23, 2010

The cost of health coverages in this country

Back when much of this stuff started with my health care woes, I had a few conversations with some of the employees at Benefits Solutions; who manage the financial side of our Union's healthcare administration.  I asked them that if President Obama was able to push through public option health care what would happen to companies such as theirs.  They told me they would go out of business.  No need for them when it was managed collectively rather than by a bunch of small companies, all with their fingers jammed deep in the health care cookie car.  See ya later I thought.

Interesting read for those curious about healthcare costs.
 
 http://economix.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/11/21/why-does-us-health-care-cost-so-much-part-ii-indefensible-administrative-costs/

No comments: