Monday, December 1, 2008

I long ago thought of creating a blog. I guess most people would say I've had an interesting life. Some of it is worth reading about, some of it I don't care to write about. Either way, a while back i decided to start a blog, but never got around to it. I guess the best reason is so one day when I'm gone my kids will have the opportunity to read it and maybe get a better understanding of what makes me tick. My dad passed away and I think I never really knew him. Sure I knew his external mannerisms, but other than that, I never really knew him. He was a very interesting man. He fought in grew up in the Depression, joined the Navy, fought in World War II, went to the Naval Academy, fought in the Korean War and then seven deployments to Vietnam. He retired after over thirty years in the Navy. I was very proud of him. I probably wanted to be like him in many ways. But much about him I did not know.


Well, a great deal of this stuff will probably be somewhat personal. Obviously by the nature of my personality I'll spend probably too much energy fixating on people and events that have pissed me off. I'll try and make their identities anonymous, as best as possible, just so to avoid a lawsuit or something of that nature.

No comments: